Every time I open my cabinet in the morning to grab a glass, I always feel like I'm making an epic decision which will affect my entire day, possibly my entire life. I feel that if I chose right, it will bring me life. But if I chose wrong, life will be taken away.
When I reach for a glass I have to take into consideration the size I want to make sure I get the right size of drink. Some are also a bit dirty, so I have to watch out for those and leave them for someone else. I also need to make sure there are no cracks in the glass. While all these thoughts go through my head, I am somehow magically transformed into a dark cave in which I had to pass through multiple tests to get to, and now must pick the right cup.
In my head there is now and old man in a Knights suit of armor watching me as I look at all the glasses before me. As I sift through each glass, I can feel his eyes gazing on me, waiting to see if I will choose the right glass, the holy glass.
But when I finally pick that medium size glass, the one with the smooth sides, no spots, and no visible cracks, and fill that glass with my orange juice, milk or water; I hold it to the light, see the light shining on it, take a drink, wait, and hear in my head from the old man watching "You have chosen... Wisely."
Now, my day may commence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment